Durafly Retro Series Junior - a quick fix

Can I ask for some help please.

I have the Durafly Junior, I have concerns about the receiver installation.

I am using a Spektrum full range receiver and standard installation stipulates a 90 deg seperation of the aerials, there is simply no space, any advice?

Cheers

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 03/02/2016 12:53:08

Advert

The ideal requirement is for the antennae to be mutually at right angles to each other ie one horizontal and the other vertical. Even in small, cramped airframes I've never found that to be a problem, even with the Frsky high gain blocks. With them I usually stick a bit of Velcro to the each antenna and another to the fuselage which keeps them in place but allows easy removal if necessary.

Geoff

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 03/02/2016 13:03:02

I've moved this across to the Junior thread, Steve - an owner may have a better idea of your problem. I don't know which Rx you are using but if you have one aerial to find a location for, boring a hole into or through the EPO should be fine.

Given that it's parkflyer size and you won't be flying it at any great distance, I wouldn't expect you to have reception problems with a full-range Rx anyway. The 90deg orientation is an ideal - a little less exact shouldn't be an issue.

Pete

Posted by Steve Goodwin on 03/02/2016 12:36:46:

Can I ask for some help please.

I have the Durafly Junior, I have concerns about the receiver installation.

I am using a Spektrum full range receiver and standard installation stipulates a 90 deg seperation of the aerials, there is simply no space, any advice?

Cheers

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 03/02/2016 12:53:08

Hi, I use Futaba that also has two aerials - I have just poked a hole through the side of the fuselage located the aerials then pushed the receiver into place - works like a dream!

Hi Pete. my stuff has been packed away for the winter but I have managed to get a couple of pictures, I hope it helps? Regards, David

The first one shows the aerial along the side of the bus it's the grey wire - you also make out the aerial poking out the side.

junior rx 1.jpg

This one nearly shows the aerial poking out the side so I have them at right angles

junior rx 2.jpg