Hacker motor problem

Edgar Playfoot

I have just purchased a new Hacker A50 16 motor for my Sebart Angel. After mounting to the model and spinning the prop by hand I noticed that the motor is noisy not like my existing Hacker motors. It seems to run okay but as soon as the rpm reduces to near idle the noise comes in again much like a rough bearing noise except that it takes place at the same point on the circumference of the motor. I think the armature is touching the stator magnets and wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.

I have always thought that Hacker were one of the best motors, but I now see it is made in China and the winding does not look that tidy!!

Advert

Thanks for that Ken I hadn't thought of a magnet coming loose. Obviously as a new motor I hope to be returning it to the supplier tomorrow for a replacement but I am disappointed that I should have a problem with what I thought to be a top class motor. With my helis and fixed wing I probably have a dozen or more brushless motors and this is the first time I have had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Edgar, I have just purchased a new Hacker A50 16S V3, and have experienced the same problem. When I took the motor out of the box and spun by hand it sounded normal. It is only when the motor was mounted onto the motor box that the noises began. When the propeller was attached then the noise became really bad. Ditto when run for a few seconds. I have had five A50 16S motors over the last few years (yes, I do crash from time to time), and never before had any problems. Thanks for you'r post - it put my mind at rest.