Mail Order

When shopping for modeling items by mail order - beware

You perhaps mull over a whole list of stuff you want and consider every last fixture and fitting you are likely to need in the forseeable future. You dont want to place the order then find out if only i had ordered my hinges or props or glue do you??

When you place the order make sure you tot it all up before you call, know about the vat and the postage. If the postage on say a fuel tank is £1.50 dont assume two fuel tanks postage is £3 it might be more.

Its so easy to give out your card number without being fully informed.

Wait a minute did you ask if its all in stock!!!!

Whats the bottom line - HAVE YOU GOT ALL THE ITEMS I WANT IN STOCK NOW AND WHAT IS THE FULLY INCLUSIVE PRICE?

You are now thinking hes been ripped off - no not so, but I have been surprised how a total can rack up and up without being fully aware.

Happy buying and flying David Ridgeon

Advert

oh yes I have been had ................

oh yes sir it IS in stock are you shure? oh yes sir

no parcel, phone call "where is my order?"

oh we are waiting for >>>>>>

you said it was in stock!

well it was when I checked the computer! but it was not, sorry sir 

three weeks later order arrives

well I could have walked the 20 miles (40 there and back) to my nearest store by now and back

moral use your local store or lose it even if it's a 40 mile round trip work out what your likely to need and get it all in one shopping trip there is no substitute for personal face to face service and advice 

I kind of know what it is like; I bought my first order online and read throught all the terms and conditions carefully, all in the shopping basket and ordered it. Three days after making the order SMC (where I bought it from)rang up saying that the coloured trainer I ordered was not availible? So much for the "in stock" notice on the website. In my big box of bits there were a few things missingfor the ARTF- E-mails away... I felt I should give them a second chance, and they just happened to be the only place with what I needed, some 2.3mm shank drill bits, battery holding loops and a prop balencer. The pacel arrive, and I found the most important item had been replaced with normal drill bits... It was another week till I could carry on building my trainer. The problem for me is I have no other alternative as spending my month trying to perswade my mum and dad is rather a long job, takes a long time and generally goes to putty through one silly mistake. Anyway, last time I went to the "local" (best part of an hour there) to get some m4 nuts, I came out with what the shop guy said was them but were infact locking nuts - why should I try and support my local model shop, with poor survace like that I think after buying...