Ripmax Spitfire Recovering

Vinmonkey

Gents, I'm looking to recover my rippers spitfire and am intending to do a PR blue spitfire scheme. Has anyone any recommendations for a suitable covering colour ? Have looked at various blues on line but without seeing it in the flesh its a gamble as the online images may be well off what you actually end up with !

Cheers

Vin

Advert

Hi kelly they look great! Especially the 109! Always wished I'd got one of those but ended up with an ic kyosho 109. Sorry to bombard the questions but did you have to use a primer or undercoat at all ?fighter aces list a pr blue so could be the way forward

thanks so much again

vin

Hi Vin

well I took the shine of the film by using a fine grit sponge type sanding block, the 109 I sprayed all the model with silver car spray.

The blue is from wilkinsons,not an exact match for the 109 but near enough and the dark green/light green is tester tins of emulsion mixed by homebase using a colour chart to find the closest match.

Decals found on the internet printed off on decal paper.

Used a commercial spinner, added a bit of scale detail, radio mast,tail wheel and dummy cannons,

The Spifire had the dummy spinner removed again a commercial spinner used, paint tamya matched to the colour of the green to paint the nose.

Scale detail added including dummy radiators and air scoop on the underside.

Link to ME109 rebuild below smiley

**LINK**

Cheers again kelly, all. I was going to paint over the existing covering, failing that I will recover the model with the closest blue covering I can find for the pr blue colour desired. I have modded the cowl to get rid of the daft "chin" , I need to add the rads and oil coolers and air intake at some point.