4 Stroke engine with quiet silencer

Kev Greenwood

I have fitted an electric motor to my Blackhorse Seafury 22cc but im only getting 5-6 mins fly time. Im looking for a 4 stroke motor with a very quiet silencer. I think i will need at least a 26-30 cc motor but would like a 4 stroke petrol motor not a 4 stroke glow motor.

can anyone suggest a motor/very quiet exhaust set up....????

thanks

Kev

Advert

I have a saito fg-21 and it is very quiet on the supplied silencer

People see the saito head and (assuming it is glow) ask what have I done to it to make it sound so fantastic. It has a very silky purr. The sound is so soft I sometimes wish it has a more meaty sound for a more aggressive low pass

I had less luck with a FG-36 that was very underpowered for the engine size. I never got a chance to sort it out as the lack of power helped cause a crash that caused quite a bit of damage to the engine (still not fixed)

Not wishing to be facetious but isn't a bigger battery the answer here Kev......greater capacity will equal longer flight times.....

Regarding the petrol 4 stroke there is the OS GF 40 or the NGH 38cc unit....no experience with either but I understand that the NGH in particular is in a pretty soft state of tune which makes for a quiet exhaust.....remember also that 4 strokes are not as fussy as 2 strokes when it comes to exhausts....they will tolerate a fairly long exhaust pipe (which keeps it quiet) provided back pressure doesn't build up too much