Z Epoxy Finishing Resin

john melia 1

I have some of the above , can it be thinned down for spraying . If so what thinners would I use , it doesnt mention reducing on the box .

If it can be sprayed , I was hoping to spray the underside of my delta which I've been having major problems with due to fuel contamination (see prime or not to prime)

The underside has been painted with acrylic car paint , and exterior varnish , and my idea was to rub all this down , then spray finishing resin over the top , then a base coat of luminius orange , then two pack laquer, in the hope I can eradicate the fisheye which has and still is a proplem on the top half.

The z epoxy is too thick to use on the underside , its quite a large area and even to brush it on would prove pretty expensive , especially what I've already spent in failed attempts sad

Advert

The fish eyes are caused by contamination on the surface before painting, typically silicones or possibly oil, you need to rub right back and clean with a degreaser such as isopropyl alcohol, can be really difficult to eliminate if they are in the paint surface already.

AS for the sign vinyl, a lot will depend on the surface you are applying it too, the lower cost vinyl is fine on flat surfaces but will not conform well if you have curves are bumps such as rivets, a more expensiveve cast vinyl or even banner vinyl is far better in this respect.

You can get flouro vinyl, but its less flexible than even the lowercost vinyl, usually found on the back of vans and RAC trucks and the like. I have used it on my Wildthng 46 (so it shows up when I land it in the gorse!), it works well on the flat panel

imag0020 (1).jpg