multiplex funjet

Advert

Brendan,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by setting up, but I assume control throws. The instructions detail what throws to set (section 17, page 10) and where the C of G should be (section 19, page 11), ie: C of G on the two round bumps under each wing. Note that the FJ is quite critical on this setting. Also, the down thrust should be set at 'zero' on the motor mount 'scale' for initial flights (section 18, page 11). Again the instructions give good advice on this. For fine tuning go to section 20, page 11.
If you are using a brushless/lipo set up, then the motor and ESC need to be close together, and the battery and RX quite far forward. I am using a 2220mAh 3s lipo and a micro RX and they fit right at the front of the radio bay to achieve the correct C of G, similar to the pictures 14 & 17 in the instructions.
I have not had trouble with any aspect of the FJ and it is currently (pun intended!) my favourite park flyer.
Hope this helps.