binding

I've got the Dx7 and don't have any trouble binding to the 7000, however trying to bind to the ar6000 is a different kettle of fish. According to the instruction book all you do is stick the bind module in the btty socket on the reciever and press the bind button "Nothing". Anybody out there tried this, your help would be appreciated.

Advert

It will be something silly , I am sure. Have a cup of tea, start again, and ensure that you are plugging everything in as it should be, where it should be, and in the order it should be! Try using no switch harness at all, and put the bind plug in "battery" socket of rcvr, and battery into any other.

I still believe that the binding process is identical for ANY AND ALL of the spekky receivers. Just try any other receiver that you have - start a fresh binding process with it and see if it works. Then, do EXACTLY the same with your 6000 and see what happens. I fit doesnt work it must be a duffer...although Its the first time I will have heard of such a thing.

Remember that the bind plug will only function if placed in the BATT socket of the receiver.

Hi Timbo Got up this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed and thought Taking all the info you boys gave me that i'd give it another shot...BINGO... first time hit, all singing and dancing. What I did, was plugged in the esc and lipo that i'm going to use plugged in binder to btty socket on rcvr, held down button on tranny and as I say "Bingo" Life is sweet, thanks very much for your help. That includes you too nick. Cheers John PS aint half glad I joined this site!!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I just bought a Spectrum DX6i and now iam fishing for some quick answers.

Since the set didnt include anything else than a transmitter and a reciever i am wondering if i have to use battery wires with a chargin socket to bind it. or is there another way around.

Can i use a esc with Bec,  and plug the bind plug in the battery socket on the reciever.

to bind you either need the 3 wire spektrum switch harness, and insert the bind plug into that, or do as i do, and plug the bind plug into the batterey socket on the receiver ( it will NOT work in any other socket ) and then temporarily plug your battery or esc BEC lead into any spare channel. Do the bind, then remove the plug, and install as normal....not forgetting to plug the battery / ESC back into the throttle channel