help with gettin started propaly

Toby  Newton

Advert

Hi Toby. Your first step should be to ask your local hobby shop about the clubs in your area. Joining a club is not essential, but almost !
For instance, whatever type of flying you expect to do, you will need proper Insurance ( which your club will arrange ) and also tuition which may well save you making some expensive and dangerous mistakes :-)
If you let people know which area you live in ( NOT the actual address )then perhaps someone local to you may help out . Good luck, and welcome to the hobby - much more fun than gaming :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Toby,
I live in NZ...a long way away, but as an ex member of the Enfield club back in the 50's, I do know that High Wycombe used to have a thriving and active club....which I would imagine is still there. Any of the local model shops would give you a contact.
Well worth joining a club.... You will have experienced brains to pick, and they will save you a lot of time, frustration and expense from crashed models.
Go for it!...It's a wonderful hobby!.

Cheers,
Kathryn

Hi Toby,

Not trying to put a downer on this but I think that trying to fly either of those two planes solo would be a short experience ending in some smaller bits of foam. Sorry.

Have a look at the BMFA web site - it lists clubs. Find a close one and go see them for help. Alternatively, your local model shop should be able to point you in the right direction.

GG

• 3 weeks later...