Elervon Size

Afternoon all.

I'm in the process of a full refit on a Half Pipe 60 model, and have s question to ask regarding the size of the elervons.

As the photo shows the stock balsa I plan to use is protuding approx 10 mm beyond the rear of the model... will this be a problem or is it best to trim it to fit flush?

20140416_142426.jpg

It does not physically foul anything, I just don't know if it will have any effect on the efficency of the eletvons.

Thanks all

Phil

Advert

Well I'm nearing compltion of the Half Pipe 60, just a couple of small jobs to finish off.

20140420_113152.jpg

But, I'm afraid I have a couple of questions I could do with some help with.

Firstly, the elervon hinges......I've gone down the c/w tape route, will this be up to the job, if not what are the best alternatives?

Secondly, the rear fin.....is it best to glue the carbon boom in place or leave it lose so that it should twist out of the way on a less than prrfect landing?

Thirdly, weight.....she's heavy, just shy of 3 1/2 lb un ballasted. Nit much I can do about that but it should he ok....shouldn't it?

Thanks guys

Phil