Spektrum DX7 aileron programming

Peter Eve

Can anyone help with setting ailerons so that the down travel is less than the up? I have two servos with AUX 2 assigned to aileron using PM 5. I am finding that the Travel Adjust screen will set the AIL channel but setting the AUX 2 for the other is a problem. In the Travel screen, the AUX 2 seems ineffective but in PM 5 I can adjust the rate but the other aileron reacts to that adjustment. Can anyone solve this for me, please?

Advert

I may be able to help as I have a DX7 and have set up differential for one of my gliders. It has an AR600 receiver, not an AR7000 but that shouldn't affect Tx programming. From switch on press the SCROLL DOWN and SELECT buttons to get into programming mode. Go through the functions until you get to the differential screen. The INCREASE and DECREASE rocker lets you go + or - differential. What I do then is switch on the model (first taking the prop off for safety) and watch the ailerons as I hold in full left or right until I get a bit of down and enough up. I use full rates for this, which I think is set at 80% (and 50% for low rates). Using high rates helps you see what the effects are. With a two servo wing plug the left wing servo into AIL on the receiver and the right wing servo to AUX1. I use flapperons but Differential programming is just the same as on a non-flapperon setup. On my model I also use V tail mix and an aileron to rudder mix which can be switched in or out. I wonder how many others are still using DX7's?

Edited By buster prop on 26/04/2014 17:03:48

Hi Peter,

As Buster and Speedster say, don't set up your own mixer use the wing type function.

Don't forget that you will have to set servo reversing individually for each channel , one on aileron, the other on Aux1, the same applies to ATV and sub trims etc. (but you probably know all that anyway).

I've got differential on one of my planes but not sure how I did it, probably differential mix but I can't remember and my TX is at work unfortunately.

Shaunie.

Thanks, guys, I checked thro all your info and decided I was doing the right thing anyway - so why didn't it work? I had set the mechanical zero of one of the servos significantly different from the other and I was expecting too much from the travekl adjustments. Must be more careful in future!

Just need some decent weather now. Can anyone fix that? smile d

You can't set differential using a Y lead by programming the transmitter, each servo needs a different signal from the receiver. What you can do is angle the servo horns to give more movement in one direction (up). With the servo and push rod under the wing, angle the horn on the aileron forwards.

Edited By buster prop on 27/04/2014 19:36:25