Fleet RC

• 1 month later...
Advert

Hi I am hoping that you can help me save my fleet omega 7 Pro from the scrap heap! It has developed a fault and checks with an oscilloscope seem to make me suspect thatthe microcomputer a PIC16C64A has been corrupted I can replace this IC at a reasonable cost but would need the machine code to program the new IC any help on this would be of great help I no I could buy a new system but maybe someone could help .

• 2 weeks later...

It is very doubtful if the original machine code is still available anywhere. Probably Lippeatts should have it, having bought out Digifleet on the late Dereks retirement. However they seem to have gone to ground.

I have noticed a couple of Omegas for sale on Ebay recently, one working, the other not. Mine works fine although a little fiddly to programme until you get the hang of it.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Have you tried other forums?

Eric

Thanks Flanker  (see)

...build up of filth around the big main chip on the circuit board, cleaned it of with alcohol and all was well.

Took David's  advice and went into 2.5GHz, however just taken a look at my Fleet TX.  You were right but on mine the filth is corrosion.  All along the bottom edge of the main board.

TX is working now but recommend everyone has a look at theirs just in case.  The copper cladding may need cleaning and lacquering.