Beelsby MFC Retro Day

Steve Dunning

A new event for 2014. Beelsby MFC have kindly allowed us the use of their site on Sunday 26 July. Located near Grimsby, the site is 'L' shaped which is convenient for the placement of flight lines dependant on the prevailing wind direction.

map.jpg

site.jpg

site_plan.jpg

Please indicate if you are planning on attending.

Just think, drop the wife and kids off at Cleethorpes and you come flying for the day, sorted!

Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Dunning on 04/05/2014 12:29:53

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another good visit to a club field, so good word is that they would be happy to have us visit again. That say's it all. One club member, when I asked him why he was not flying, simply said, ' I'm enjoying just watching you guy's'. What a response, a credit to the way in which the UKCAA members conduct themselves on such visits.

Thanks go to Beelsby MFC, for the use of their field, Tony Rannard and Pete Scoles for organising the visit on club level and finally to Optifuel for providing an excellent range of prizes for the raffle, proceeds going to the UKCAA.

A few pictures of the excellent day with superb weather, if a little hot at times.

10553630_781743125190515_4988815589211943981_n.jpg Pictured below is the new Schweighofer Curare ARTF brought along by Sam Wragg. Sam opted for the electric power option and chose the visit to test fly his new model. To see the model 'perform' so well on it's first flight was a sight to behold, a credit to the model and to Sam's flying abilities.

10527345_781743308523830_392240623152065138_n.jpg10556376_781743381857156_2846057923315396824_n.jpg

Thanks Steve blush Once again another good friendly event, even had a go at flying the schedule. Again enjoyed that, as i found it added structure to my flying.... Also enjoyed calling for you.

The question everybody is asking; How does Magic compare to Curare?

Presently i honestly cant answer that question? Both have similar attributes but feel different in a good way..... I don't know whether its because you have more instant power with electric that is throwing me.......Only time will tell and i will post my views after a week or two back to back flying.

Sam