Vibrating helicopters?

birdy

After crashing it after my first flight the winter before last , my Esky Honeybee CP2 needed a replacement feathering shaft. I bought the feathering shaft and (with great difficalty) replaced it. After not having flown it for over a year, I perswaded my self that I should after gaining confordense from a recently bought picoo z. This was yesterday evening: When spooling up and flying ( an inch or two off the ground) the helicopter seemend to be vibrating quite a lot. My dad said that this was probably normal, but I seem to remember that it vibrated a lot less when flying in 2006. I cant work out the problem. Any help is much appreciated! For anyone who doesnt know the CP2 is a cheaper copy of the twister cp v2, without the metal handle on the tx, the insrtuctional dvd and the flimsy boom support rods...

Advert

I think the flybar is ballenced, because it stays put when I angle the blades in any diarection the flybar stays put. The main shaft seems strait too. I still need to charge my lipo, then I'll try and check the blade tracking! thanks for the speedy response!

After checking the tracking and if that dosn't cure it. I would suspect it is the main shaft.  Even if it is slightly out it will cause vibration problems.  The best way to check it is to remove the shaft and role it across a piece of glass or a true flat surface at eye level - that will soon tell you if it slightly bent.

Al

Hi Mark

After accidents  just make sure that everything is in allignment ie: Motors to the main gear - motors are secure- fly bar is set correctly - the body is secure to the main frame - top and bottom blades are fitted the right way round! and fitted correctly. Basically anything loose or out of allignment can cause vibration!

Al

• 1 month later...
Hi guys (and gals, though I doubt many are interested!), Being the slow person that I am, I discovered that in fact it was a bent main shaft, but after month of head scrating and trying to force a little pin in the main shaft out (to no avail) I'me stuck: How do you remove the main shaft from a honeybee CP2? Thanks all for any answeres/ previus responces!

Hi Birdy.

This sounds a bit like the Walkera main cog, and if it is, an old jewelers screwdriver with the end ground flat will make a punch, so you can drive the pin out, which is held in by the plastic not the metal, so will drive out quite easy, the shaft will then come out with ease.

Hope this will help you get back in the air.

Owen. 

Hi guys and thanks for the responces, but there is already a bit sticking out, and I've been trying for ages to pull it out with some long nose plyers, but it seems well and truely stuck. I'll try and get a picture of what I'me talking about soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Birdy.

I had to take the head of my walkera 52 the other day when it took of on its own, so I now how tite this little pin is and the only way I could get it to shift was to make a punch by useing a old pice of hard 3mm rod I cut it to 50 mm long and ground one end about 8mm long to the size of the pin by holding it in a battery dril and run the dril and tuch the pin against a grinder of some kind this gives you a nice round pin punch the size you need then get a square of hard wood 10mm x 10mm 100mm long hold it upright in a vice lay the heli shaft on its side and drive the pin into the wood with a hamer sound drasic but the pin was that tite and then make a new pin out of some wire the right size and bend each end to stop it coming out hope this is some sort of help.

good luck Owen.