scale rc weightshift microlight

Hi guys and gals,
Heres a video of my scale microlight project ive been working on for the last five or six years,
Ive wanted to build a scale microlight since I was a lad and finally got round to doing it

Controls are just as a real one would be and steered, slowed/sped up by weightshift and descend/ascend by throttle.

hope you like it

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 04/10/2015 17:53:31

Mark you micro light is so unreal but real, I dint thing it was possible! love the head movement the camera filming the cow looking up ,i have flown a micro light and that is EXATLEY what you do to fly it, I want one please tell us more

What size is it what motor you are using what wing span is it and more. please share it with us

Just like the autogyro you design needs to be in RCME full 10 pages or more review, that t would be a one hell of a read

Keep it up Buddy

Thanks for embedding that video john

And thanks for the nice comments guys

The wingspan is just under 2 meters and the motor is a 960kv brushless outrunner,
The pilots head is turned by the rudder stick which is on a y lead to the front wheel aswell,
The pilots head can be removed by a screw amd replaced by a camera mount for a pilots view

Ill post some pictures later on of the details

Regards, mark

Excellent ... so realistic, the head and hand movement is terrific.

From the inflight view over the pilots head its hard to tell it isn't 'real' and from the wingtip camera the only slight give away is the lack of a Rotax or similar power plant but again the movements are so realistic

Well done sir - quite brilliant !!

fantastic! I used to fly hanggliders & I love the little details like the battens, tip wands, etc. do you have any static pictures showing kingpost, etc?

you just need to build an RC HG to aerotow with your tug now

Lol! Thanks for all the kind comments guys yes

mark675's rc microlight album on Photobucket

Funny you should say that cus im making a hang glider at the moment using the same wing,

Im just pondering whether to make it powered, tow it or just chuck it off a cliff! Lol laugh

Im willing to help anyone who wants to make one of these just drop me a pm and ill send you my email.

i built it for the love of rc models and my passion for microlights so not interested in making money off of it just a mention if using my design is all I ask

ive already helped a four or five people make one of these and have enjoyed seing them fly from as far away as australia and the usa.

when i started, a guy in the usa had been trying to build a realistic rc weightshift for 20 odd years and said weightshift couldnt be made efficient in model form so im very proud to of achieved that.

Thank you guys for the comments im really flattered,
Its still work in progress and will probably be a 'never ending' project so hopefully ill be able to make it better, if not the way it flies then I can definately so something with the aesthetics

Cheers, mark

• 1 year later...

thanks Bob its great to get feedback off proper microlight pilots
I would love to get it published in rcm&e,
Plans would also be possible but would need to be rethought out due to most of my brackets being custom made out of titanium.

I made a new video this morning while it was nice and still

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 04/10/2015 17:46:31