Polypropylene poser.

Found some interesting stuff that is dirt cheap but supplier says you cant glue it, it is about 6mm thick and like corrugated cardboard but square channels and made of thin Polypropylene.

I can get an 8' x 4' sheet for less than a tenner and it could be very useful for large wing ribs and bulkheads but need to find a glue that will actually stick to the stuff, anybody got any ideas dudes?,

regards Terry

Advert

It definately souds like correx to me - estate agents use it for their signs -common enough stuff.

Some peeps call it "twin-wall".

I made replacement winglets for my GP Slinger with it, and stuck some fixings to it with PU - no probs.

MUGI ( great models and super cheap too ) use contact adhesive like EVO stick, take a look HERE

As we say.... ( morning Bruce ) just roughen it slightly first then PU or thick CA. UHU POR may work too ??

May well play with the stuff and see just what I can do with it, not sure how it compares to Balsa but there cant be that much difference and it is a lot stronger - now my only problem is we are packing to mve house and all my glues are in a box thats in a bigger box somewhere among about 30 other boxes that all look the same because they came from Morrisons supermarket........oh bugger,

thanks chaps,        Terry

I am off to play now...cold and a strong wind in almost the righ direction means an hour or two on the big rock, good opportunity to try out my new toy ( eagle tree onboard data logger with altimeter ) then back home for a nice hot chocolate and sticky bun   before back to work on the latest project (s) in the workshop.

...ah the joys of early retirement, every day is like the weekend - no - wait - it IS the weekend ...see what I mean

wait - it IS the weekend ...see what I mean

Yeh....and wot have I been doing? bunging a thick coat of bitumen on the shed roof then pruning a bloomin plum tree back up a ladder in a cold wind, got to get all the little jobs done so we can get this place saleable, mind you I had the plans for a Mike Smart 'Raven 3m' arrive this morning and it really looks different, more a piece of modern art than a glider.

It has three wing options but I may add a fourth with extended tips by making the tips of the gull wing removable so I can plug the extensions in,

regards,           Terry

Hi Kevin ( Iawnski) the altimeter seems to read a little erratic, and I think will need some more calibrating before it is accurate. I also need to play a bit more with the software...but the whole micrologger gizmo is pretty cool - mainly for us leccy flyers as it can capture and store a myriad of info such as battery perfirmance, maximum current draw, sevo current, and rpm. Add on sensors can also be bought which allow measurement of airpeed, temperatures, and even a GPS syestem to dispaly the models exact position relevant to the pilot, and play it back via google earth or similar. Fun toy..... but way off topic

email closer to the time if you plan to do the Orme, and I will, as usual, join you guys for some fun

Hi Alan and welcome...I suggest you start of with a short post in the newbie section, introducing yourself. Posting an intro, on a subject completely un-connected with the thread will get little response, and is actually known as "hi-jacking" in forum speak ! Dont worry though..its all part of the learning curve, and we dont bite on here.

( well not often anyway )...PS How's Steven ?