Weston Park 2014 chat

Advert

Going back to my point I did not mean actually have a real novice out there, but demonstrate that there is a form of 'dual control' to allow new pilots to learn - just basically showing Joe Public that r/c does not need a hefty bank balance or the need to instantly learn how to fly.

Also maybe help prevent people who do get the bug immediately going into one of the trade stands and spending £££££££ buying something totally unsuitable.

Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a good idea I think Colin.

I went this year for the first time with my 10 year old son and my brother. The highlight for me as far as the models went was the Dawn Patrol flights - though the full size glider in the dark with the fireworks was great.

However - one thing not scale with all the Dawn Patrol flights, every aircraft.

No smoke. None at all. Not that I could see from the crowd anyway. I was really surprised. I guess its the reliable, fuel economic petrol engines they have to use. But how about a little smoke oil injection in the exhaust to compensate or a bit of extra oil (even caster for that lovely smell) in the petrol/oil mix? Lovely planes though. It would be nice if they had a few WWI bombers too - but I guess their rule of just modelling famous actual aircraft or those of aces would rule this out. Shame really as a couple of really large bombers slugging around would really enhance the spectacle.

Edited By GrahamWh on 06/07/2014 22:50:07

Edited By GrahamWh on 06/07/2014 22:51:00