HELP ME FIND EVENT!!! please

I am the daughter of a man with a great intrest for modelflying. This summer his 60th birthday is coming up and I would like to giva him a trip to England or the USA where he can look at a BIG show and competion with professional modelflyers...

however I know nothing about this and I would like some help in finding a great show in the later July (after the 21st) or in August...

greatful if you reply!
best regards, alice pernevi, [email protected]

Advert

one of the biggest show's with the larger models is COSFORD near birmingham uk that is JULY 14th and 15th 2007 details can be found here
;http://www.largemodelassociation.com/eventcalendar.htm

also there is the woodvale rally in august details here; www.woodvale-rally.org
also there is the BMFA nationals in august details found : http://www.bmfa.org/events/ev_aug.html bottom of page
regards
nasa_steve

Alice, the BMFA Nationals at RAF Barkston Heath near Grantham over the Aug bank holiday weekend is huge and has the national RC competitions alongside a 'show' flight line.

As Steve says, the Cosford show is big and run by the Large Model Association. The Cosford museaum is on the site too.

All depends where you are in the UK and travelling considerations etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my name is alice, I posted this thread aking about which modelfyingcontest is the best to go see as a 60yearold very much intrested in modelflying man... Mr Ashby posted a reply about a thing in august hi! the Nats is that the BMFA Nationals at RAF Barkston Heath near Grantham over the Aug bank holiday? Do you recomend it for my father? I want to send him on a trip by himself to explore the world of modelflying abroad... which DATE? do youn know? where can I find more info? what does it cost? etc.. is there any nice hotels nearby??? how do you get there?. best regards and thankyou, alice

As for the date this is copied from there site.

British National Championships 2007
Aug 25-26-27 2007 - Radio Control Control Line Scale

Biggest Model Flying Event in the WORLD

Scale - F4B, F4C, R/C Clubman, R/C Open, F/F Power, Rubber, CO2/Electric.
Radio Control - Aerobatics, Pylon Racing, Helicopter (Team Trials Event), Fun Fly, ALL CLASSES
Control Line - Speed, Aerobatics, Team Racing, Combat, Carrier, Vintage, ALL CLASSES EXCEPT ‘B’ TEAM RACE. Team Selection Event for F2 Classes.

MODEL AIRSHOW SATURDAY and SUNDAY

SUNDAY ONLY - Giant Swapmeet

MASSIVE TRADE PRESENCE

Barkston Heath, Nr Grantham.
Contact BMFA on 0116 2440028 or
[email protected]

http://www.bmfa.org/nationals/index.html

Please note reference to largest model flying event in world!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...