Programming a 9C

Peter Wood

I have a Futaba 9c and a six channel PCM Rx, and would like to program a Spirit  Elite with 4 seros in wing . I beleive 1 need 1 and 6 for ail, possibly channel 5 for flaps.  I would like to operate the flaps from a switch, or ideally from, the throttle. All the glider functions seem to 1 and 7 for ail, on the 9c

It would be nice to be able to alter the elevator  when flaps are selected to adjust the trim. I have tried for hours to set this up with no luck.

Peter 

Advert

Peter, I have a 9c and I understand your problem, I'm not an expert (often I just bang about in the menus till I get it to do what I want), but I'll have a go.

Firstly I set mine up under "ACRO" as I cant get it to do what I want under "GLIDER" perhaps one of the glider guys can help you more. 

You need to tell the 9c what channel you want the flaps on which you can do on the "Parameter" page, I think if you set "AIL-2" to "CH6 or 7" this then leaves channel 5 for flaps.

If you then go to "AUX-CH" and key down to "CH5" you can assign any switch, slider or rotary knob to operate your flaps plugged into channel 5.

You can then go to "FLAP-TRIM" and set the amount of deflection you want on the flaps.

You can then go to "PROG.MIX3" and set the elevator trim to activate when you select flaps, first set how much trim you want by changing the percentage figure (I think you need - rather than + to get the elev to go down), I wouldn't programme to much to start with you will need to get a feel for what works best. Then on page two select "MIX2" to "ON", "MAS" to "5 gear", "SLV" to "2:ELEV", "LINK" to "ON"

Hope this helps, as I said I'm no expert in this area (or any other for that matter) but I think this will work or at least get you on your way.

Good luck, 

Clive 

If you are only using one channel for flaps with a Y lead to connect two servos as I assume you are then you will need to phisically turn one servo around so that it works in the same direction as the other one.

The other alternative is to get a servo reverser and put it on one arm of the Y lead to one of the servos.

Clive 

I hoped to fly today but the weather looks not to goodso I will leave it for a week or so and probably reshuffle my RX'sand put a 7 channel in it. I have one set up in a foamy, a little overkill I know but it was already fitted and taped in. I am sure a 6 channel will be more than adequate. I am going to try one of the 7channel set up and either glider2flap or glider 1 flap any sugestions!!!!

Pete