DJI Phantom 2 Vision + dead out of the box

Matt Bibbey

Wouldn't you say that the Phantom has more safety features built in than most other RC craft? Find me a fixed wing the returns to base and lands when it loses signal.... It's one of those "new" things that people just need to get used to. Has anyone actually seen an official document from the CAA that confirms this ban on licenses? It doesn't apply to me but it would make for an interesting read.

Advert

Hi Matt,

you could check out this for further information on the ban. Which at the moment is "temporary" - mmmm?

The PFAW's they are refering to are "Permits for Aerial Work" a legal necessity if you fly for professional reasons. SUAS is a UAV industry body and includes CAA representation so they should be pretty well informed about the situation.

BEB

I have a quad - all GPS'd up etc. but I would not get over-enthusiastic about calling return to home a 'safety feature' as it relies on a good GPS signal and this can be disrupted by official or illegal activities;-

**LINK**

or someone using one of these to stop the boss from tracking them

**LINK**

Then you can fit this

**LINK**

to make sure your FPV works at 10 miles but it probably swamps a 25mW 5.8g control signal....

And 2.4g is not immune

**LINK**

If everybody kept to the rules then it would all be OK but lots of people don't, especially if they DON'T belong to a club or user group.

p.s. I'm not trying to give anybody any ideas as all the devices above are not licensed for use in the UK but you can still buy them.....

Skippy