Eager Beaver

Advert

Here it is. My Eager Beaver maiden yes

I literally had 5mins to get a quick maiden in after work. Sorry about the lack of manouvers and the constant L/H circuit, I was battling some wind, it was a stinking 40C day and it was a little tail heavy (I haven't flown in 5 1/2 months either surprise). Unfortunately, I really didn't even get enough time to give her a proper fly but nonetheless, I'm happy that she flies and although it needs some tweaking, it felt like a stable model. smiley

Thankyou David for the plan and hopefully I can get some airtime to properly sort it out.

Rosco

Edited By Ross Piantedosi on 21/02/2015 11:08:08

Hi All,

I was all ready to get a fly in after work today with a vid to match but it got too windy so I took some pictures of the EB completed instead!

After the maiden vid, there were a few things that I needed to finish off and some tweaks to be made. Hopefully I have it sorted now.

Sorry about not having a vid to watch so here are the pics of it in its completed state instead..............

Windscreen held on with magnets.....

dsc_0098.jpg

Windscreen in place.....

img_20150301_160052.jpg

The clean underbelly I was hoping to achieve.....

img_20150301_155749.jpg

Another angle.....

img_20150301_155826.jpg

The cleanest and neatest way I could mount the battery up front.....

img_20150301_155900.jpg

I couldn't do it any other way unless I mounted it underneath which I was trying to avoid.....

img_20150301_155934.jpg

I can live with the battery being where it is. I am satisfied that I have achieved the clean look that I was after.

Now to enjoy the model......yes

Here's a tip if you don't do this already..... If you want really strong small magnets. I have always used the magnets from an old broken brushless motor. The magnets in the outer 'can' are fantastic for use to hold things on! They are super duper strong, especially if you use them back to back.

Thanks again David for the plan, now onto the next build...........

Rosco

• 1 year later...

These models are great looking! I like the look of the foam ones, but the balsa ones here are fantastic.

I want to build one, but just wondering if there's a laser cut pack available, or everyone just has to cut the parts?

All the examples here look great, I especially like that it handles slow speeds nicely, should be great to fly.

Anyways, I'll go and order the issue and might try cutting my own parts....will be needng plenty of spare timber!

Any advice on building this one??

Cheers!

Alan