Futaba 8J battery settings

Steve Ashton

Hi everybody,

I've just invested in a 8J and finding the battery setting confusing. The battery powering the tx is a 4.8v 1200mA nimh 4cell pack.

On the battery settings there isn't an option for that pack, it gives you 5cell nimh, 4cell dry and 2cell life.

The low battery alarm when set to 5cell nimh is sounding which I'd expect seeing as it's a 4cell.

Is there anybody out there can advise me on whats the best settings. Regarding the battery type. It seems odd that I can choose number of cells on my charger but this tx is lacking on battery choice.

I don't object to putting a 5cell in and use the 4 cell in my 6ex based planes

Regards

Steve

Edited By Steve Ashton on 10/08/2014 02:03:23

Advert

Hi, I just set mine to the 4 cell setting and that's been fine ( I think the alarm goes at 4.4v ?).

I replaced the stock nimh with a 4 cell eneloop 2000 pack from "component shop" last year & find that gives me about 4 1/2 hours flying on the slope & drops to 4.8v.

russ

Cheers Russ,

I currently use that same enoloop pack with Overlander label in my plane having replaced my original 1200mA ( same as whats come with the 8J) that was with my receiver in my 6ex 2.4gh setup so may go down that root and use the 2000 in the 8J, the 1200 could then go as a spare for one of the planes.

I've charged the supplied pack and just had 2 hrs 45min play on phoenix on mode 2 before

I swap panel over for mode 1 which is what I learnt on and the battery pack is at 5.2V according to the T8J.

I find the mode 1/2 business a strange mental thing, I have 'played' on flight sims for some 35 yrs now and all mode 2 (ie fixed wing copliot style) , as above I learnt on mode 1 and passed 'A' cert on mode 1. I have a quad which is mode 2 and last week I also treated myself to a Diamond 1800 which I think is going to be better hand launched on mode 2.

Edited By Steve Ashton on 11/08/2014 00:14:30