Phoenix Tucano 40

Cheers guys, hey you never know how long a model is going to last? could be pilot error, could be mechanical failure, could be anything! What I am disstressed about the most is a metal clevis failing! Cheap plastic, Nylon ones are always the the ones I back away from! However we could probably start a thread on what " what clevisis for what" or "Nylon vs Metal"!

Well I suppose I got off lighlty for smacking the earth at full tilt! Here's the damage...

Port wing servo- ( I am sure the other's may be suspect after terrafirma)

1x Phoenix Tucano  ( salvaged bits and pieces for other model's, times are tough, sounds good when it hits the ground though lol)

After washing the engine the screws ripped through the carb  (SC I am sure a spare carb wont be a prob)

Cable ripped off on-board glow...  

Advert

Ok Shaun having looked at the link you gave me, postage is a ripper to me as I am in Germany c/o HM Forces...

As I am in Europe I tend to get 50% of my stuff from this side as of postage costs! I have got models through BFPO system but the boxes are crushed stood on etc and had 2 go missing ( some post guy must be into models too lol).. to that end I get shipped to my home address as a civi postman is more sentitiveto the word "FRAGILE" stamped all over the box!

I have got some bits and bob from these guys as well as my Big Stik (shipped for 6 Euro and here in 4 days)... check it out they have Tucs, price in £ about the same  reckon? I think todays rate 1.23...

anyway here they are

Big 20cc Tuc on sale

Phoenix Tuc

Its my wedding anniversary is this month, wife feels sorry for me after all the time and effort lol! She says!

Hi Dustin. I know what you mean about the BFPO system. That said it does have advantages, for example Amazon send stuff tax free to BFPO addresses.

That "Big Tuc" is smaller than the Pheonix one having a 165cm span as opposed to the Pheonix 170cm. So not that big, but looks to be a more faithful rendering of it. I guess looking at the weights it must be a fibreglass moulding with a foam wing, so that would account for the bigger donk.

If you do go for the RAF black one, you'll need to move those exhausts as they are on the underside on our Tucanos!

Well, let us know what you decide to do and don't forget to blog it.