First turbine model

Greg Chiswell

I have a Wren 80 Kero start engine and looking for advice on the most stable airframe it could go in... Not interested in speed ATm but like a good looking model - being able to take off and land on grass would be a huge advantage ....

My record with smaller (faster) DF models can be obtained from the bin man!

Greg...

I fly a Boomerang Sprint with a Wren 80. A great model, slow flying and very aerobatic. Some people rate them as boring but depends what you want. I'm trying to do rolling circles with mine!! You could squeeze your 80 into a Nano but I wouldn't recommend it.

The newest kid on the block is the Ripmax Xcaliber. Never owned one, but they fly well and the retract package looks good. There is one on Bmfa at the moment. Hard to get hold of as they are selling well.

Dont think you could go wrong with either one.

Just had my first year flying jets and they are very addictive. Not an expert but happy to help.

Can't find a photo of my Sprint but here is my Nano which is powered by a trusty Wren 54.

Cheers,

Simon

The best bit of advice i have probably ever had was to not be an idiot and get a boomer (i did not really want one as every man and his dog has one) so i did what i was told and ppicked up a second hand intro and nearly new p80 se and its been amazing do the right thing and pick up a boomer, do you have a b cert??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all I’m new to this forum. I’m was lucky enough to have been able to buy a wren 80i jet engine , but due to a mistake from a con artist insurance company . They will not cover me for a claim I made 3 weeks ago so I have no choice but to sell my Wren 80i it’s still boxed and never run and a few weeks old, I don't know if it’s Ok to try and sell it on this forum. But all in all I have paid out £1500. Its everything you need to run it ,it comes with 10 Gallons of fuel the oil and the battery’s, the guarantee is OK to pass on as its not been registered yet and Wren have told me whoever buys it will get the full guarantee. I’m only looking for £1000 for it all

Please PM me for contact details

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 12/10/2014 13:50:27

Posted by Greg Chiswell on 22/09/2014 19:12:25:

No B Cert but I don't fly with a club - I'm trying to find a new flying site (based on the Wirral) - as secluded as possible as I hate an audience!

I have a boat and sail and often find a secluded sand bank during the summer to fly on...

so no club no proper flying site and probably no insurance, and you want help from us!! just dont kill anyone