Taranis Receiver Firmware upgrades

Martyn K

Hi Chris

No reasons whatsoever. Companion and TX upgrades usually bring additional functionality or fix usability bugs. My worry is that the Receivers may fall a long way behind and I wouldn't even know it. I've got the programming leads and two X8R receivers ( a 3rd will be with me next month), I just wondered whether peeps were simply ignoring the challenge of upgrading receiver firmware.

Martyn

Just looking, X8R firmware revision history says this.

25th July 2013 - Telemetry Date error fixed.

5th Nov 2013 - Improve the value precision of the battery voltage.

I'm fairly sure that there are no vast stocks of old receivers anywhere, so anything purchased this year is likely to be on the latest version. (Do they have a manufacture date? some telemetry items do)

If they are anything like the varios, then you can't actually check the version, all you can do is squirt the new version in. So you may be just overwriting what's there with exactly the same.

I have maybe half a dozen X8Rs, all in models. I don't think I'll be rushing to do anything just at the moment.

PS - although it's hardly any cheaper, I rather like the X6R. It's just a bit smaller, there is access to the A1 voltage connection so you could remove a jumper that connects it to Rx volts and monitor a different voltage with it instead, and it comes with PCB antennas attached, and spare wire antennas in the packet.