2.4ghz modules

Mark Jarvis 3

HI all.

I am new to the forum, but am an old flyer turned boater.

Please advise on a conversion i am about to embark on.

I am going to convert my Macgregor Digimac IV to 2.4ghz using an encoder, this needs to have a 2.4ghz module for the transmission side, i want it to be on the FHSS system.

What modules are available on this FHSS system, Futaba do one at £80+ any advice and help would be much appreciated

Regards

Mark

Advert

Hi Mark

Its unfortunate that Futaba adopted 'FHSS' as a name for their new system, as the term is so generic its almost meaningless in identifying a system. When you use the term, do you particularly mean Futaba FHSS? Is there a reason for this decision, such as existing Futaba receivers? If so, then you will have to use a Futaba FHSS module, no other. Now I've never heard of anyone using a Futaba FHSS module with a homebrew encoder, other than my own experiments with a 6EXA FASST board which revealed that Futaba PPM can be very non-standard. They control the transmitter output power using the width of the ppm pulse and in 7ch mode they control the failsafe with the 8th channel. Whether this applies to their FHSS modules I don't know, and I'm not aware of anyone else (400+ encoders issued) who has used a Futaba FHSS module - so you might be pioneering with this one!

There are many brands using FHSS as a transmission medium (rather than as a brand name) and to help any further we need to know just what you mean by FHSS

Cheers
Phil