Easy indoor model

Hi Guys

Given the current weather it looks like indoor flying is something I need to try. My club has access to a decent hall. Looking for recommendations please, for either a buy off the shelf indoor model or an easy kit build. My building experience is limited to original Christ Foss kits and a Wot 4 foame, although I have had some fun trying to sort out a "bargain" I bought at the nationals this year. I have some bits and bobs such as as a 1000kv tornado motor with an ESC etc. Parkzone vapour looks expensive so maybe a pre-cut kit might be more interesting.

Any suggestions warmly welcomed.

Advert

Neil for sheer simplicity and fun you can't go far wrong with a Night Vapor easy to fly though a little problematic if there are 10 in the air and someone turns the lights out, voice of experience LOL.

BNF is for speccy DSM2/DSMX and if your a speccy user that's defo the way to go, buy some spare batteries as you will need them and let me know if you ever manage to loop one, its been tried many times at our club but the hall seems just a little low for it, mind you with so many in the club our favourite is pylon racing, it can get confusing but they're so light damage rarely occurs

If you fancy making something yourself; I had good luck with Leadfeathers Yak55 from RC Groups.

I made the 60% version, 22" span out of 6mm EPP sheet. I have it mild powered and more experienced guys that tried it said it flew very nice, almost pattern.

More power makes it do that 3D stuff apparently. The full size one went down a storm when it was first released.

Neil, take a look at micronradiocontrol.co.uk (sorry, this forum won't let me post a direct link using an Android tablet!)

Micron sell a great range of indoor laser cut kits. The kits by Stephens Aero and Mountain models, are particularly good

I've built quite a few of them, and the laser cutting is fantastic - you can more or less build them in your hands.

They are really good flyers too thumbs up