Sad News - KPMFC to Close

Delta Whiskey

Well here we are almost within our last 30 days and with the forecast this week and general conditions normally expected for Easter, I doubt that we will get many flying days in before the END !

We have placed Ads in Farmers magazines, contacted BMFA, Sandown racecourse, engaged with the local council and looked at a few possible fields after finding out who the owners were, all to no avail.

One promising site still needs following up on and some test flights arranged but we are not going to get what we had, but then beggars can't be chosers I guess especially when our government pushes more and more demands to the local councils for more housing even if it is on Green Belt land !!

It doesen't help either when the head of the council dosen't even live in the borough and controls the planning department and sees the £29m they will get from this sale of land from the UK Jockey club due to some ancient covenant placed on it, and then all the central govenment grants etc + council tax that will increase from the 1500 homes suggested for the site !

Anyway enough raving on from me, but please do fly safe, get any club complaints dealt with as quickly as possible and look at any chances to buy your land before it too is built on to meet our governments demand for more housing! (which will be more then likely used to house foreigners & social needs)sad

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Good News, we have secured a one year contract with a local Cricket club who have just installed a new cricket square and cannot use it for 18 months for it to fully bed in, they are more than happy to let us us the outfield and beyond as long as we go nowhere near the new sqaure! At least this keeps the club going whilst we look for something more permanant.

Although we are still called Kempton Park Model Flying Club (for now), we will not be based there anymore and after enjoying some 26 years there with a nice private area, great strip, pits, porta cabin and 1/8th buggy race track. Still sad but at least we have somewhere to fly for a year!

Oh lets hope still though it remains GREEN BELT LAND, and that the Conservative Council that is entertaining the UK Jockey Club about a possible 1500 homes +  to be built there, do not get back in after May !

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 16/04/2015 17:40:23

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it was a good day, even if it was a little cold and windy, I managed to tow a fellow flyers vintage glider up a couple of times with Big Bird, then a long coloured streamer attached looked good from the ground. Look forward to seeing your pics Mike!

Lots there as you say, really enjoyed it sad to pack up my gear at the end for the last time at KP !

Now to get into a routine, find a job and get used to the new site. Hopefully sense will prevail and the green belt status will be retained and we may be able to return some day!