Faulty Servo?

Hi

have a problem with a servo...it is the right aileron....the servo bounces around neutral before settling down. it is a new futaba3001 and was working fine before i put the model away a few  months before finding time to complete. Is it a faulty servo? anyone had this problem before?

Cheers 

Advert

just thrown away two servos that had started jittering around neutral.  The biggest problem is that they can upset the power supply voltage causing the other servos to join in the jiggling, then your battery is flat in no time.  For the price of a budget servo against possible loss of a model, bin it.

I agree with everyone...will throw it....funny thing is i wiggled servo lead and extension and the prob disappeared....will replace all as don't want the prob to reappear in the air.

can't think how a dodgy lead could cause the bouncing around centre when the stick is returned to neutral?

Well it could have been that as the servo was hunting for centre, the motor and gears are obviously moving, causing small vibrations which in turn could be triggering an intermittent connection in the leads / plugs you mentioned, which then feeds back causing the servo to keep hunting and so it goes...

Still, its all somewhat academic now, as you have decided, rightly, to ditch the servo and extension leads.

One reason I never use servo extension leads, it merely introduces another PPOF - I hard wire any extensions needed.