10J Reciever ID

Snorbitz

So I finally took the plunge and bought my first 2.4ghz set. A Futaba 10J and very pleased i am with it. I've studied the manual and yes its complex. I puchased an additional Align R6GS reciever to go with the supplied 3008 as i have a Pulse XT40 that doesn't warrant so many channels. I've followed the instructions for binding and it all seemed to go ok and i've programmed in all what i need to and have a flaperon set up (that required a lot of faffing about!!), The only question a have remaining which is making me a little nervous is the reciever ID does not show in the menu as the 3008 one does. The Align reciever is a S-FHSS so no telemetry but other than that the book reads like i should have an ID number.?? Your words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Regards Paul

Edited By Snorbitz on 28/12/2014 11:20:09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Telemetry aside, surely the receiver sends some information back to the transmitter (at close range) during the binding process. If this were not the case how would my transmitter know which transmission protocol the receiver is using and display it on the screen? By the way none of my receivers are telemetry capable. 

Edited By adrian lawrence 1 on 22/01/2015 09:06:56

Interesting question, Adrian. I assume that the Rx is passive during the binding process. You set up the protocol (S-FHSS etc) on the transmitter and then during binding the transmitter 'instructs' the Rx the protocol. So what appears on the screen actually originates from the Tx itself.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to be corrected, however!

Posted by The Wright Stuff on 22/01/2015 09:35:25:

Interesting question, Adrian. I assume that the Rx is passive during the binding process. You set up the protocol (S-FHSS etc) on the transmitter and then during binding the transmitter 'instructs' the Rx the protocol. So what appears on the screen actually originates from the Tx itself.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to be corrected, however!

On the non-telemetry receivers, this is totally correct. The FHSS protocol is nearly identical to the S-FHSS. S-FHSS sends 2 packets for all the servo data, where as FHSS only sends 1 packet for all the servo data. S-FHSS also has an additional data bit to signify the difference between the 2 packets it sends. Finally the identifier address is different on S-FHSS vs FHSS, so the receiver knows to expect 1 or 2 packets.

There is actually no real reason you'd want to use FHSS over S-FHSS - unless you're using the R2004GF or R603GF receivers which don't support S-FHSS.

Si.

Posted by adrian lawrence 1 on 22/01/2015 09:05:29:

Telemetry aside, surely the receiver sends some information back to the transmitter (at close range) during the binding process. If this were not the case how would my transmitter know which transmission protocol the receiver is using and display it on the screen? By the way none of my receivers are telemetry capable.

Edited By adrian lawrence 1 on 22/01/2015 09:06:56

The T10J only supports S-FHSS (non-telemetry) and T-FHSS (telemetry). So if a T-FHSS receiver binds, as it is a telemetry receiver, it will receive back from the receiver that it is a T-FHSS model. If this doesn't happen, it'll assume its a S-FHSS receiver.

Si.

Posted by Simon Chambers on 22/01/2015 11:14:57:

The T10J only supports S-FHSS (non-telemetry) and T-FHSS (telemetry). So if a T-FHSS receiver binds, as it is a telemetry receiver, it will receive back from the receiver that it is a T-FHSS model. If this doesn't happen, it'll assume its a S-FHSS receiver.

Si.

Genius. Thanks for the explanation, Si. That makes perfect sense!