Wot4 XL cowl dimensions

Has anyone built the Wot4 XL recently?. I'm thinking of fitting my OS 22GT to one but am not sure of the dimensions of the cowl fitting, there seems to be several different distances quoted in various threads. Pulling the carb into the firewall slightly I think I will need a minimum of 134- 135mm clearance from firewall to prop driver, has anyone recent experience of building this kit and can provide actual dimension available?. Also has anyone used this combination?

Many thanks Bob V.

Advert

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob - I bought this from a classified ad here in France - drove 60 miles on a dark and wet Monday night to Brive to meet a seller in the car park behind the town cinema. All secret squirrel stuff! Had to be done like that so Danny Fenton didn't find out I was taking time off from the scale Chipmunk build! surprise!

Handed over 30 Euros (£22.50 at today's rates!) and took it home.

It was quite neglected. The wing joiner was missing and the cowl had been cut both sides to accommodate different engines from different owners. Left wing tip damaged. Wings never joined together. Key tongue on front edge of wings broken, tail not vertical and the fin not safe (not a long enough tongue to meet elevator. Overspray paint on the fus, 24 different holes in the firewall etc etc but I like it a lot.

Repairs in hand.

Had a Wot4 foamie and a Wot 4 Balsa Artf before loved both of them so expect this to be a lot of fun.

Engine - a new ASP120FS. Prop to be decided.

Will put some pics on later - just going out! SWMBO waiting!

Terry