Indoor rubber powered plane parts

I am building A Herr Engineering Fokker D-VII. I got this kit part built from a friend and the propeller is missing together with the bearing and prop shaft. Can anyone suggest a UK supplier for the parts. My local model shop could not oblige. SIG Mnf in USA can supply but with large p and p cost.

Advert

Yup, SAMS will supply.

Nose bearing (C10 for just the bearing or C73 down the bottom of the page for a bearing, shaft and washers.): **LINK**

Or D2 for standalone prop shafts (best get a few as spares, or bend your own) here: **LINK**

And, for the prop, E5 for the 9.5" plastic prop, standalone, or E132 which has a prop, adjustable bearing, shaft, all ready to go, here: **LINK**

And get some lube while you're at it if you don't already have some, top of the page here: **LINK**

Shout if you need a hand, I've got a build thread of the same kit : http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=100156 

Edited By Monz on 12/01/2015 15:23:34

No prob David.

I used laser printed tissue finished with ezedope (which is horrible stuff, don't buy it). Standard tissue and dope is perfect. Just pin down the various bits while the dope dries to prevent warps, or use non shrinking dope (banana oil).

I've used Litespan. It is easy enough to use and more puncture resistant than tissue but imparts very little rigidity to the structure. I'd say tissue and dope would be by far the best choice for a small open frame model. If you can be bothered researching it, tissue over mylar might give the best of both worlds, but I've never used it myself.

Absolutely. I used it diluted 50/50. As Monz said earlier, just pin parts down while they dry or use non shrinking dope once the tissue is good and taut. I've only really used my old stash of Modelspan and that can be tightened quite nicely by applying it damp or misting it with water once it's stuck to the frame. I don't know if this is as effective with currently available tissues. I like using tissue, the pong of dope takes me back.