inboard or outboard

Gavin D

Advert

With you on that one, trying to gauge the line without actually marking the model, in the end I gave up and stuck little c of g stickers near the fuselage, but sometimes retracts mess that up, I don't like to balance at wingtip, I made a frame from a base and nice 'almost' pointy dowels.

Edited By Steve T on 19/01/2015 13:26:08

Don't forget guys, that the manufacturer's CG position can be wrong! Best to err on the safe side for the first flight ie. a more forward CG than published and see how it flies. Don't be afraid of moving the CG around until the aircraft flies well. If it's twitchy then keep moving the CG forward by small amounts until the aircraft feels nice and solid but not overly stable. If it's very stable and a bit nose heavy, move the CG aft by small amounts until the aircraft flies the way you'd like it to - nice a stable but nicely manoeuvrable.

CG position is the most powerful trimming tool available to us modellers. Don't forget to use it to check out if your aircraft is flying as well as it might - but do it a little bit at a time!