FrSky tfr8 FASST

cymaz

I had a long and interesting talk last night at the club meeting with Flight1 about the FrSky aerials. I would like to get the aerial tips away from the engine as far as possible.

He recommended the after market extra length aerials that can be bought from T9.

Has anyone else put the longer aerial leads on a Tfr8s? Was it easy to do? Do I need two the same length ?

Any experience or views would be very welcome.

Advert

Done this a few times, not only to lengthen but to replace damage. Bought mine in bulk from Giant Cod when they were reliable and cheap.

It's easy to do but the tiny co-ax plug/socket on the PCB is quite high force.grip and always feels like its about to break just as it connects. You need to keep the pull square to the PCB, do not allow it to twist much or the tiny central pin will suffer.

The leads can be any length, its the end transparant section that is the aerial, and that does have to be right.

I have had Rx's running with dissimilar length leads for years now.

Forgot, I have also done it a few times to remove those stupid door wedge aerials from stripped down 6 Ch Rx's where the Rx was going in a foamie and I didn't want huge heavy lumps of black rubbish everywhere.......Grrrrrrrr!!!

Oh, and do a search and look for images, you'll find plenty showing the tiny plug so you can see what is used. ALoft Hobbies in the US, for example.