JR or spektrum 2.4?

harley1

Advert

One of the specific reasons i ask is this,having just finished a large extra 300L i could have done with a radio that allows you to adjust the throws and trims on both the elevator servo's independantly.My 2610 dose'nt have that facility,because one of the servo's has to be reverse mounted the servo arm come's to close to the tailplane limiting its movement.

Heres a run down of setting up twin elevator servos on the Spektrum DX7 - someone else will have to talk about the fuby .

The TX can do dual elevators - However The ONLY 2  mixes that "master" the trim into BOTH channels are Mix 5 and 6 so use either one of them. Doing dual elevators, the "elevator" Travel adjust sets BOTH as soon as the mixing is turned ON, the 2nd channel (AUX2) travel adjust will have NO effect.( It's supposed to work that way.)

Both channel "sub trims" work, and may be used to fine tune centres, if you cannot do it mechanically.

If you cannot get identical travel mechanically after Mixing is setup, set the OVERALL deflection using the "Elevator" Travel  (ATV)

Adjust the "MIX Volume" (% in the Mix function) to alter the SECOND channel, either less than 100% or up to +125% of throw.  This adjustability SHOULD get all but the poorest of dual elevator setups matched.

You WILL find that the elevator halves track much more closely with the DX7 -you may not "see" it, or "feel" it, but it's there.  It is decreased "latency" and has been designed in to ensure the TX sends those channels to the RX, and the timing of the pulses perfectly synchronised.

It's tighter, faster, and better than any other.

sounds ideal,i presume the futaba does the same,and if im not much mistaken both set's are a similar price.The only hang up iv'e got with the spektrum is the two recievers.Most of my models i would'nt have a problem fitting both but my large Stuka i would struggle to find space.I suppose it could stay on 35 meg as its not flown that often.

The latest Futaba FF7 2.4 ghz has the dual servo elevator function built in, I have all three Futaba, Spectrum and JR, there is merits with all the systems but none which makes one stand out above the others. I went to Futaba 2.4 first but needed smaller rx's for some of my electric models and so I purchased Spectrum as they had a small parkflyer RX, don't think Futaba's is out yet. Of late i have begun to use the larger Spectrum and JR rx's as well, which is probably where the merits of the different systems lie as it is sometimes easier to fit the Futaba rx's in some models and Spectrum/JR rx's in others.  

I've seen some guys struggle to install 2.4ghz rx's, part of their problem was that they were thinking in 2D instead of 3D as they tried to set up both RX's or both aerials (depends on system) on the same level also they forgot about the tank as fuel and plastic is transparent to radio waves, I have sited one aerial (Futaba rx) beside the tank (inside a plastic snake) in several models with littlle space with no problems, should work the same for Spectrum.

• 1 year later...