Accessible Club's near Edinburgh please come forward

scott finnie

OK I'm going to make this simple.
For the past few years I have taught many to fly on my father's spot of private land. Recently not surprisingly after Christmas there's been a lot of potential wannabe pilots well mostly fathers buying there's sons rtf from Santa wanting to fly!. At the moment I'm only able to commit to two beginners so I've recommended a couple of local (just outside Edinburgh) clubs. I've then had them return to say they've been told simply nope look elsewhere or we don't take beginner's!!! This is a major issue since

1- Will they attempt on there own?
2- Sell Santa's gift?
3- give the aeromodeling scene in Scotland a bad write up?

One has recorded a club secretary telling them they can't just turn up with there rtf (which hadn't left the boot) and gave them a lecture mostly on fees they must pay before they can fly. Recently I've had feedback from many England based flying clubs that sound very old fashioned entertaining and fun. Are Scotland's dying out? I'm sure there is one near Dunfermline which is meant to be peaceful and open arms. I'm hoping someone can provide details of where beginner's can go and hopefully become part of the family. I'm trying to tell many that aeromodellers are happy friendly individuals whom want to share there passion where's I'm being told people are being chased with evidence to prove. Hopefully we can find a few great clubs that are not too far from Edinburgh. Fingers crossed and sorry for my rant but if nothing is said then nobody will know otherwise

Scott

Advert