Correct Throttle setting for the Blade 180CFX

Rocker

Have a look here **LINK**

looks like this has foxed some others as well - seems to be connected with the ESC's governor.  

I preset mine, I think the 0 is there just for binding purposes. The flat 25% is just there to tell the esc to use the low headspeed, the 75% tells it to use the middle headspeed and 100% is the high. It's not actually the throttle percentage that will be used."

I still fly the old non-stabilised, fly bar stuff so maybe someone a bit more up to date  could help. Have you followed the manual and tried to fly it - Eflite are usually pretty good.

Edited By Cuban8 on 05/02/2015 10:44:48

Don't have one, but do have a hell with a governor, and it looks like whats going on is that the ESC is looking at the throttle channel, not for a speed input but in order to know what mode of governed headspead it should attempt to manage.

In other words unless the throttle stick is right back - which it needs to be for binding, the ESC will attempt to maintain a set headspead regardless of the blade position.

Whereas a more conventional setup might use say 80% throttle at centre collective and 95% at 100% collective to maintain head speed when there is more drag on the blades, this ESC is doing all that for you, and it looks like a 25% throttle input tells the ESC to select the head speed for normal flying.

If it were me, would try it as they recommend. Looks like the the ESC is programmed to fly the hell right with that setting.

The e-flight esc's that I have seen all have a very soft, soft start, so let it spool up before you attempt to lift off

Edited By GrahamC on 05/02/2015 12:16:35