For all the multirotor fans

scott finnie

A short silent video of what i was allowed to do after my BNUC-S. Dont waste you're time smashing a nice multicopter . Get the certificate and learn to fly properly. All my videos where before the days of even the most simplest gimbles. I flew completely off a steady finger. Have a look at the Five Sisters zoo website and there videos of flying close to a bear! No gimbles but i can assure you Caa approval, BNUC-S and hefty insurance, So to all you wannabee (drone) pilots think twice before showing off!. I personally don't fly multicopter anymore or run my aerial photography business anymore and am getting sick and tired of fpv/drone pilots thinking there topgun! Buzzing my rc flights and real flights. These multicopters give the pilot a feel of confidence when it is the technology flying. After incident today, enough's enough . I hope the CAA crack down on multicopters and fpv. I was one of a few at the start of this but i could see this coming from china! Quit Buzzing real aircraft and rc and maybe we will get along, and stop bending aviation laws. They are there for a reason, enough said

**LINK**

Advert

Personally I'd be interested to know what "incident today" has prompted you to post this.

Unfortunately, there are already laws in place to stop people flying irresponsibly, but nobody seems to be able to enforce them -- apart from the one incident where someone posted a long video of one of their "illegal" flights, and was identified and fined. It'll be normal club members, who usually fly responsibly, who will suffer if laws are somehow tightened up, for they're generally the ones who abide by them.

Sorry Scott but I disagree. If you'd have said, "get your BMFA A cert it's worth it"' I'd agree with you, but it is not worth me paying out a couple of thousand pound to go and learn stuff I either already know or have no need of.

Because I'm a sensible flyer and stick within the ANO and don't fly commercially when I fly my quad I have no need for a certificate I can show to non existent clients to prove my competency. If your incident has prompted you to say get some training then of course you are right but the BNUC-S is, in my opinion, inappropriate for the majority of modellers and indeed multi rotor flyers.

The problem of course is that on this site you're preaching to the converted. It's not the type of person who frequents these forums who is the one buzzing full size or overflying airports (I would hope). I suspect that other forums such as photography or extreme sports are the ones that may benefit from a bit of education as "drones" are becoming more and more popular in these communities and I'm sure many others.

I'm sorry Scott put you should try getting more sleep mate rather than posting at 5:00am!

I hold a BNUC-S cert - and a CAA "Permit for Aerial Work". Neither of these will teach you fly any better. The Flight Test in the BNUC-S system is basically an airworthiness test of the aircraft with a very basic flying skill element. BNUC-S is primarily about having safe operational procedures - not about flying.

And as for the whole rant about multi-rotors - well I thought we had "grown up" beyond that and recognised that we are all flyers and what we fly and how we fly (as long as its safe and legal) is immaterial.

BEB

Posted by Allan Bennett on 23/02/2015 07:48:41:

Personally I'd be interested to know what "incident today" has prompted you to post this.

Unfortunately, there are already laws in place to stop people flying irresponsibly, but nobody seems to be able to enforce them -- apart from the one incident where someone posted a long video of one of their "illegal" flights, and was identified and fined. It'll be normal club members, who usually fly responsibly, who will suffer if laws are somehow tightened up, for they're generally the ones who abide by them.

Yes indeed so would i, i apologize for my outburst. I believe a mixture of non sleep and recent buzzing at the strip caused my on forum venting. Sorry all, not like me

Regards

Scott