pheonix3v simulator and windows 8. anyone help?.

gerald stansfield

Advert

I think your problem might be that your copy of Phoenix is no longer supported with updates. Phoenix is now up to (5) and I had a similiar problem when I lost my original copy which had been updated right up to 2014. I had to get another copy from the manufacturer because when I tried to re-load my original disk, it was no longer supported. It is now entitled, Phoenix RC5 and my copy has already had updates to take it up to 5.0v.

This almost certainly your problem. I think my disk cost me around £18. Give them a ring.

Hope this helps. Tony.

I dont know if Phoenix v3 was made to run under windows 8 in the first place, if it was then it should still run regardless of whether it is still supported or not (though you may well fins bugs that were fixed at V4 or V5) - if it wasnt compatible with Win8 in the first place you could try playing with the compatibility settings on the Pheonix program properties and see if you can run it that way

Yes but even if he gets it to run, he will not get any updates, because they stopped sending them out. I tried to reload my original Copy and it would only get so far, and then stop loading. I rang the Company who maket the game, and they told me that there had been so many updates since version 3, and that when version 5 hit the market, that had so many bugs that people were questioning whether they should have messed with it under the guise of improving its operating efficiency. Mine now works like a dream now, and I make sure that I apply all of the updates as soon as they come in

Give them a ring and speak to them. As long as you have the original version, and not a knocked off copy, they will tell you what they told me. We can sell you a heavily discounted up to date version for £x number of pounds and this will guarantee success. If you recall, they give you the program for free, it is the cable that costs £79.99 or there abouts