Strange way of flying

I seem to be asking a question each night and thank goodness a reply appears. Here is another on I hope someone can help with.When I started flying some 30 odd years ago it was single channel. I then graduated to proportional. Like most people I flew rudder and elev on rh stick and throttle on left. As I was self taught when it came to ailerons I put this on the spare channel which was the throttle, left stick. I know I shoud have swapped rudder for aileron but I didnt because there was no one to advise me.. I have tried changing and cant. So much for the background , now to the question. I have just aquired a Spektrum DX6I and wondered if there is any way of changing the ste over to my stupid way of flying. In the past it hasnt mattered, just stuck servo in appropriate Rx channel and off we go. Not however with this baby. I know I can use a Y lead to power the two wing servos I hope but I want to use them as flaps as well and  dont think I can with my way of flying. Am I the only person flying like this I hope not Help please.

Advert