Parkzone Radian and Mobius Actioncam advice needed

I am looking to take some video footage at various heights, including some at high altitude. I have not fitted the camera yet, but have full Spektrum live telemetry with Vario, TM1000 etc. I would appreciate some tips on mounting the Mobius (position and fastening) and any other help getting decent steady footage. I have painted the underside of the wings completely black and have a fluorescent orange rudder and underside horizontal stab/elevator which I think will be good for altitude visibility.

20150219_111058.jpg

Edited By Simon Hall 2 on 04/03/2015 18:15:53

Hook and loop adhesive tape works fine - I haven't lost a cam yetteeth 2

If you want a clear view you need to set the cam a bit outboard on the wing to avoid the prop showing. With a Radian you may need to add a bit of weight to the other wing to avoid needing too much ail trim.

If you put a strip of Velcro rom the leading edge back towards the main spar, you can adjust the angle of view, either tilting down for a better ground view or straight ahead as you wish.

Pete

I used Velcro also to attach my Mobius without a problem so far. I got some great video by mounting on the top of the tail of my solius, with some nose weight to counterbalance. T tails give a good perspective of the aircraft and the scenery. as insurance you could also use a safety line attached to camera and fuselage, just in case the Velcro did not hold the camera.

Edited By david fillingham 1 on 04/03/2015 19:46:58

I have that combination. I have boith wide and std lens Mobius. The Std is most used.

I have a velcro pad pair twixt camera and wing, but also use the thin small hook velcro straps that 3D helicopters use to hold batteries in place , inserted through knife slits in the wing (which are almost invisible when not in use when the straps are removed).

I have two positions:-

1. Well forward of the CG so the lens is near the LE on the wing outboard of the prop so the camera is angled down a small amount.

2. Rearward looking inboard on the wing trailing edge to show the tail in shot, the TE taper gives the right "look down".

You may get "Jello" when the motor is running even if you have the camera away from the prop arc, its better to get up there fast, and then glide the photo sections, I use Windows Movie Maker (free) to edit.

Fly safe.........only altitude where permitted!!

PS I have used the Camera on RC Banger/Hot Rod Racing cars holding it down with cable ties onto the velcro, and despite violent hits its never moved at all.