Old Graupner Cirrus

Advert

Hi Kurt,

I'm a mere eight months ahead of you and unless you are very lucky in your search, you will have to make them.

To help, I have a scan of the original decal sheet and will send you a copy, for non-commercial use, if you send me a personal message containing your email address.

With this file, you can print your own sheet(s) using decal computer paper (and protective spray) available from, amongst others, Crafty Computer Paper Ltd, in Leicester. They have a website. BTW if you have access to one, a pigment ink printer is better than one using dye inks, but both will work).

For the canopy, you can either make a plug and form your own from acetate sheet or - and easier - contact Vortex Vacforms (also near Leicester) for one of their large glider canopies. You will end up cutting most of this away, but the plastic Cirrus frame will be helpful in keeping the bit you need. Sadly, Vortex don't do blue acetate, only clear.

There appears to be continued problems with the Vortex website but an earlier thread on this Forum has a phone number for them (search "Vortex".

Finally, just make sure that your Cirrus' rudder movement is the absolute maximum you can get it!

Best wishes,

John

PS Anybody got a spare Graupner Cumulus canopy? Otherwise, I'll have to follow my own advice!

Hi Kurt,

if you view this thread after logging-in, you will see a link to "Message Member" at the bottom of my posts. Just click on this. But you do need to have logged-in.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

John

A lug and pop or water bottles can provide any colour yo wish . The closest blue are Tesco's own bottled water . put plug into a bottle with top and bottom cut off. Then start heating from the front . When partly forme star heating the back and then gradually go over the whole thing until all is snug. Then cut it free and trim to size. Have fun !

P.S.. I suggest a razor saw or junior Hacksaw to cut. as the shrinking makes the plastic hard and thick. John

• 3 years later...