TV Licence

Cuban8

Posted by Percy Verance on 29/03/2015 21:54:56:

Ah right Pat.

I can't get Dave Pat, it's one of the channels I can't get up 'ere 'int hills. Has left me heartbroken it has.........

Ahh if you could get Dave you'd still be able to watch TG.
Repeats of old episodes certainly but the whole show has been so repetitive for a long time now so chances are you'd not notice. teeth 2

Posted by Percy Verance on 29/03/2015 21:54:56:

Ah right Pat.

I can't get Dave Pat, it's one of the channels I can't get up 'ere 'int hills. Has left me heartbroken it has.........

Edited By Percy Verance on 29/03/2015 22:00:51

You obviously have a computer as you`re on this site so you can watch any channel you like if you`re in the hills or top of Shetland - **LINK**

John - if you really want to believe that the definition of a receiver isn't what OfCom says it is, then I do wish you all the best of luck explaining that the Act is wrong to the old gent sitting on the bench

Pat - it's even simpler - it's a loophole in the Wireless Telegraphy Act that only would apply to certain people who have a certain qualification. Beyond that I ain't saying

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 29/03/2015 22:54:37:

John - if you really want to believe that the definition of a receiver isn't what OfCom says it is, then I do wish you all the best of luck explaining that the Act is wrong to the old gent sitting on the bench

Pat - it's even simpler - it's a loophole in the Wireless Telegraphy Act that only would apply to certain people who have a certain qualification. Beyond that I ain't saying

Its got nothing to do with the definition of receiver or Ofcom. We are talking about the TV Licence, which goes in part to fund the BBC

I will repeat myself, TV licensing (the people who take your money, send you the Licence, harass you if you don't have a licence) themselves state, you must have a TV licence TO WATCH OR RECORD LIVE BROADCASTED PROGRAMS on a television, computer, phone etc, not to own a television. As I posted above, directly copied and pasted from the TV License official website that anybody can go and have a look at, they even tell you that you DO NOT need a TV Licence to watch certain things and previously recorded things or play video games etc, to do things like that you need a TV. I have personal experience as I cancelled mine 18 months ago, I still have a Television, a 42 inch hanging on the wall in the living room easily viewed from a public footpath, but I do not watch or record live broadcast programs. I Had the letter from TV Licencing stating this was fine, that they wont contact me for 2 years and will then check if that is still the case

From what I can find on Ofcom Licensing, they are responsible for issuing licenses to the people who want to Broadcast programs, not to receive. They even state themselves on this page that

We are not responsible for regulating:

• disputes between you and your telecoms provider;
  • premium-rate services, including mobile-phone text services and ringtones;
  • the content of television and radio adverts;
  • complaints about accuracy in BBC programmes;
  • the BBC TV licence fee;
  • post offices; or
  • newspapers and magazines.

The TV Licence we are discussing is nothing to do with them

Edited By Codename-John on 29/03/2015 23:43:24