Catch 22

Advert

• 1 month later...

It's been a while (sorry) but I know have the chips and the lost model beeper should be finished in a few days.

Just wondering what the safe minimum battery voltage before take-off is roughly. That way I can set it to start screaching at this point so you know the batt. is flat, instead of forgetting to look at a visual indicator.

Timbo do you think there's a way to include an ultra bright LED in that "microscream" circuit as an issue i can see is that if as i suspect when my club mates see this they'll all build one into their models and when one goes of we'll all be trying to land  and having a visual check as well as an audible one would allow us to just be certain which model is screaming.

I had actually looked at that forum Timbo must've miseed the LED thing 1st time through Found it now though thanks. not having bought electronic components for some time do you have any recomendations I allways used to use maplins (simply because their head office was just down the street in them days not so now I've relocated) so any suggestions would be appreciated cheers

I have the lost model locator completed and working on a breadboard. When the transmitter is turned off, signal is lost ,battery comes out or goes to low the alarm goes off. I didn't worry about it telling the voltage at the moment because due to a number of things it isn't quite accurate enough but is calibrated to the low voltage point alarm.

The two different types of Rx I have to test it are PPM and Z-PCM (It's two years younger than me). When the PPM loses signal the number of pulses per minute become random, with the Z-PCM they drop around 46 to 37. The circuit relies on this for it to work. I was wondering does anybody know what happens to S-PCM and the 2.4GHz Rx's when they lose their signal?