QX3 throttle problems

Vinegar Dave

I recently purchased the Blade QX3. First of all i have the new DX6 radio.
I set it up per instructions and everything seemed OK. Then i took off and the throttle had a mind of its own. first of all it took off on its own after about 20 seconds then stopped and then i slowly increased the throttle and nothing happened and then after a good minute it shot off and bringing it down on the trottle was impossible and only the return home function got me out of trouble.
Then i tried again and the same thing but this time it really shot off and the engine cut so much it came down like a stone cracked off the GP and busted a skid.
Is this faulty or do i need to adjust the throttle control as it does not say in the set up.

Advert

I don't have a V3, but I understand that in some flight modes the throttle acts about the centre point, so that above centre it climbs, and below centre it descends (this might be AP mode). This does not fully explain your quads behaviour though. What mode were you flying in and did you have good GPS lock?

Might be worth re-calibrating everything and if that does not work contact Horizon Hobby.