Aurora 9 spoilerons setup help

Advert

\

Thanks in advance

Hi Tom thanks again for your advice one more problem and thats it, as I am sure I understand most of it I am now scratching my head trying to set up throttle elevator mix as I have on order a minimoa and apparently they pitch up a lot when throttle is applied I have gone to P mixes put in throttle elevator and there several settings H L then ACC and OST I have been trying various combination but can't see any sense on the monitor screen thanks Mike

Hi Mike

If you go to the blfy menu there are settings for aileron and elevator. Flaps is you have them. If you put a value in for ail and ail1 it will move the ailerons in response to the throttle stick. If it's the wrong way round change the values to minus (say -40 rather than +40).

The bfly menu also has a setting for "ELEV" which is the elevator mix as you call it. If you put a number in there the elevator will move in response to the throttle stick also. Again change the number to minus if the elevator moves the opposite way to your requirement.

you will see in the bfly menu it says "1/2" somewhere. You can move to a second page which lets you change the direction the throttle stick works in if required (I think default is UP is zero effect). I think you can assign something else to be crow (e.g side slider), but I don't have the tx any more so I am not sure.

Everything to do with crow and spoilerons etc is in the bfly menu.

hth

Tom

Posted by Peter Miller on 18/04/2015 11:19:22:

I was trying to set up ailerons that could be drooped, (Flaperons). I just could not work it out at all.

In the end I contacted Hitec. This was about as useful as asking Gordon Ramsey.

I did solve the problem in the end very easily.....

I fitted a Spektrum radio.

If you mean as brakes then see above. If you mean as camber changing flaps you need to use the CAMBMIX menu. There are two ways the cambmix works.

1) don't assign a control to the mix. The values for aileron, flaps and elevator are fixed for the flight mode you are in (i,e the surfaces will move and stay there and don't respond to any control). This is what you should use if say you want a thermal,normal,speed 3 flight mode setup where the flaps and ailerons (and elevator) just moved to set position in each flight mode.

2) assign a control to the mix (e.g right slider). The values for ail,flp,elev, move proportionally in response to the control as above (higher numbers = more movement). Again without the TX in front of me I forget the procedure but I think in the mix on the middle left you press something to assign a control.

Actually there are 3 ways because if you go option 2 you can still put in set values for each flight mode per option 1. But we are talking advanced setups here. 

In fact you can use the cambix as brakes as the effect is basically the same as the bfly menu if you assign a control to it. Most menus are basically the same tbh (e,g launch, landing etc).

A function/mix in the A9 will usually have settings for aileron, flaps and elevator. so if you want spoilerons it will be all be in the same place, not spread out in the TX. Same for camber.

The other mixes like vtail and aileron to flap mixing are specific to the surfaces in question (e.g aileron to flap mix only has settings for the flaps, vtail mix only has settings for the tail servos).

You don't need to use any pmixes to do normal glider model functions. Even high end contest models don't require Pmixes. I think the problem you are both having is that spektrum radios must be quite different in the way the setup works. The a9 is super easy to use to be honest, and quite powerful.

Edited By Tom Satinet on 20/04/2015 09:32:17

Edited By Tom Satinet on 20/04/2015 09:34:24