Power selection ?

Tony F

Hi all....building a Combat Models A10 which should weigh in about 8lb give or take. Looking for assistance on the correct power set up. I was hoping to run it on 4S Lipo's and was going to buy 2 x 100a Red Brick ESC's and 2 of these = **LINK**

Never had a twin before....do I need 2 x Lipo's in the A10 , 1 for Each motor ? And are those 70mm fans powerful enough to get off grass ? Will have retracts also. Probably never fly it but you never know wink

Tony

Advert

Those are excellent fan units, but possibly not the best choice for an A10 due to their weight. An all-plastic fan unit will be somewhat lighter, such as the Wemotec Mini-fan Evo. As for batteries, buy the best you can afford - EDFs are very power hungry, so I think your best bet would be 2 x 4S 4000mAh (or larger) packs - one per motor, but with a commoning lead joining the two packs. That way, both motors get the same power, or not. Do what you can to save weight wherever possible.

Gordon

PS, just notice Ray's post - you might be better using 2 x 6S packs, which will help keep the current draw down.

Edited By Gordon Tarling on 23/04/2015 13:29:55

It is a very old model. Obtained from a modeller off eBay. Would 90mm edf be a better option ? The choices are blinding me at the mo !!! Would 6s suit the 70mm edf shown ? Was planning on a build blog but my skills are poor and the time scale would be months rather than weeks.

Tony