Skegness MFC 13 AND 14 June

Steve Dunning

• 3 weeks later...

This event is only just over two weeks away. Graham and Martin Fox (who have organised the site) have asked me to tell you that this is a private flying site (full size) and as such is reluctant to have details public. Could those people (UKCAA) who are attending, please message me so I know who is coming and has location details. Many thanks for you help in this matter. Pics of site below.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be concern whether the event is on or not. It is definitely ON. As far as I am aware, the majority seem to be opting for Saturday as their day of choice but I am sure that others will join Graham and Martin Fox ( the persons organising the site) on the Sunday.

Some have questioned 'why the secrecy?'. All I have done is follow the landowners wishes via Graham and Martin.

Hope that has cleared things up.

See you Saturday

Steve

Stayed dry this mining but the rain closed in this afternoon. The site is fantastic, well worth a visit and the landowner was very welcoming

Forecast for tomorrow is better, it's an easy location to get to, well worth a visit and we are hoping to get back there in September or early October.

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 13/06/2015 22:13:42

Thanks to all concerned for organising this weekend's Skeggy venue :

In no particular order , The Fox bros' , Skeggy Model Club , Martyn , Stevie D , Mr Motorhome Man ( who provided very welcome hot drinks ) et al'

Particular mention - must go to the Landowner and His extremely pleasant Wife & Family smileywhom my Wife & I were very pleased to meet , not only allowing us the use of Their property, but mowing a fresh flying strip and parking area as well.

I feel sure that we all conducted ourselves accordingly , causing no offence to anyone , which appears to run hand in hand with F3A Flyers / Events in general , albeit Classic or Modern.

Nice to see quite a few familiar faces , and a few new ones too , some travelling considerable distances despite the rather damp conditions.

It would be very nice to return there , and sincerely hope this may become a regular venue. ?

Cheers.