Extended landing gear for Blade 350

duane massey

Hi guys

Was going to purchase one of those cheap gimbals for the gopro, but I reckon I will need to buy the extended landing gear. I've not had mine apart yet, but the thing that gets my attention is the length of the compass cable. Would this be a simple thing like buying an in line connection to extend it? And once reinstalled, will I need to re calibrate it.

Many Thanks

Advert

BTW

When I used my ebay gimbal all I did was to cable tie some pipe insulation to the bottom of the existing legs. Worked well.

If you are going to use the Blade legs make sure you get the ones with the longer 'feet' as they help prevent the quad nosing over.

I he's ordering new batch in, hopefully they'll be the 2nd gen.

out of curiosity, the gimbal I'm looking at, plugs into the battery balancer plug, I'm hoping there's enough room through the gap near the legs to push though on the opposite set of legs to the compas.

Mine pluged into the pins on the board at the back of the quad. You can also solder the gimbal wires to the places where the battery wires go if you want (as long as you add an external connector so you can remove the gimbal if you need to). A lot of the Ebay types come with JST connectors which are not compatible with normal balancer plugs.