EE Lightning

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/26408/DSC00234.JPG

hi all i have now finnished my lightning from the free plans the decals are on but ive not had e chance to fly it yet auw is around 26oz it seams om the heavy side i think the lite ply i had wasa on the heavy side has anyone built one aswell? would like to see your pics cheers mark

• 7 months later...

I know this is a pretty old thread but I finally got to fly my example on the weekend .

I flew it in a uncovered state so the all up weight at this stage is 21.5 ounces , this is mainly due to my slightly lighter than recommended setup .

It was quite a handfull on maiden untill I managed to trim it out , with a 1950 rpm/v outrunner spinning a 6*5,5 prop I guess its not quite as fast as it would have been with a inrunner but its still plenty fast for me !

As it flies really nicely I will finish it and hope to come out with a final weight of 23 ounces.

Tony i am seriously thinking of building the free plan EE lightning as i have some spare electric kit which i wish to use i have a wasp inrunner 300W 2700KV on 5.5x5.5 prop and lipos to suit would this be too much??  will the airframe cope with it ? i suppose i will have to be careful with that thing that has a ratchet on my magic box